all monsters and dust

19.1.04

big fat stupidhead

I left my wallet on the metro today. I hate myself.

My wallet was inside my red tuque (my favourite hat), which I left on a bench (I think). Sometimes I use my hat to carry stuff. Also inside my hat were the lovely mittens my sister gave me for Christmas last year, a change purse full of nickels and 2 Christmas cards with insufficient postage (the post office was out of 1 cent stamps so I, because I am a big fat stupidhead, decided to go somewhere else to mail them, instead of just paying more money. Also, the girl at the post office was so clueless that I was pretty sure asking her for 2 cent stamps would cause some major confusion that would take a long time to resolve.)

(Actually, I want to go off on a tangent to tell you about the girl at the post office. This is a small portion of what actually happened:

She: "Ok, so these are for the United States?"
Me: "No, these are for Canada. These are the States." The addresses are right there in front of you, can you not read?!
She: "Oh." Takes the first enveloppe. Scrutinizes it for a while, types some stuff into a computer...
Me: ...
She: "Um, sorry, but what is the city in this address?"
Me: "Uh, Raymond?" The hell??!
She: "Oh." Types some more. Looks confused some more. "So, um, what does this NH stand for?"
Me: "Er, New Hampshire?" Oh my god, you really are this stupid. Also, all you have to do is put a goddamn stamp on the thing. What are you doing? What is taking so long?
She: "Oh, right." Smiles sheepishly. Looks at letter some more. Types some more things in to computer. Looks confused. Goes to get supervisor to ask something about postal codes...
Me: Christly hell.

And that was just the first enveloppe.

Speaking of stupid people, maybe her stupidity rubbed off on me, causing me to do the stupidest thing I have done in a long time. Which brings us back to the matter at hand.)

Inside my wallet were ten dollars, my credit card, my debit card, my driver's licence, (I just paid 85 bucks to renew the damn thing and now I'm going to have to pay again. And I need it ASAP because I need to submit a photocopy of it with my passport application.) my medicare card (expires this month, new one is at my parent's house, thank god), my SIN card, my old student IDs, every other card I have collected over the course of my lifetime, and, 8 movie passes (an 80 dollar value).

I am most upset about the debit card. Without it, I can't access my bank account, which means I can't get any money. My branch of the bank is located in my hometown, a 2 hour bus ride away. That bus costs $30. Which I can't get without my bank card. It's a catch-22.

I am also kind of weirded out by the lost Christmas cards. What will the person who picked up my stuff do with them? Read them? Throw them out? ...Mail them?

I want to say that I can't believe that I did such a stupid thing, but, in reality, I can completely believe it. I am just that stupid.
 




about

"The mind of the thoroughly well informed [person] is a dreadful thing. It is like a bric-a-brac shop, all monsters and dust, and everything priced above its proper value."

archives

  • 07.03
  • 09.03
  • 10.03
  • 11.03
  • 12.03
  • 01.04
  • 02.04
  • 03.04
  • 04.04
  • 05.04
  • 06.04
  • 07.04
  • 08.04
  • 09.04
  • 10.04
  • 11.04
  • 12.04
  • 01.05
  • 02.05
  • 03.05
  • 04.05
  • 05.05
  • 06.05
  • 07.05
  • 08.05
  • 09.05
  • 10.05
  • 11.05
  • 12.05
  • 02.06
  • 04.06
  • 10.06
  • 11.06
  • 12.06
  • 02.07
  • 03.07
  • 04.07




  • credits

    webdesign by maystar
    powered by blogger
    quotation by oscar wilde



    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003