all monsters and dust

16.12.04
two things i am going to do tomorrow for only the second time ever in my life

1. Take the train. Last time this happened: Age 12. My mother, 2 sisters and I took the train into Montreal to go to the Biodome. It was very exciting. The train is a great way to travel! Passenger trains no longer stop in my hometown, sadly. Whoever made that decision really sucks. Once upon a time the Boston-Maine stopped in my hometown. How cool would it be if that still ran? I could just take the train down to Boston for the weekend. Sadly, I do not have a window seat this time around, but I will do my best to enjoy the trip nonetheless.

2. Go to Toronto. Last time this happened: Age 4. We went to visit the Lapointes. My only memory of this trip is that I had to give Emilie a My Little Pony as a present for letting me sleep in her room. The My Little Pony had sparkles on it or something and I thought it was totally nicer than any of my My Little Ponies and I wanted to keep it for myself and I was so mad at my parents that they made me give it away. God, I remember that resentment like it was yesterday. As far as I know, Joey does not like My Little Ponies, so this won't be an issue this time around, and with any luck I will make some good memories of Toronto, to replace my bitter ones.

***

In other news, 17 years ago today my sister and I were lying awake in our bunk beds when we heard our next-door-neighbour, Joyce Parker, come over to tell our uncle that our dad had called her since he couldn't get through to us. (This was back in the days before the phone started beeping like crazy if you left it off the hook. I mean, we had a rotary phone and a party line, is how long ago this was. Remind me to tell you sometime about the party line.) We giddily ran downstairs in our pyjamas and rushed to the hospital to meet our new baby sister. She was very pink and wrinkly and small. Now she is taller than me. Seriously, being the oldest has no perks. Okay, except maybe how you get to see your baby sister on the day she is born. That was an exciting night.
 




about

"The mind of the thoroughly well informed [person] is a dreadful thing. It is like a bric-a-brac shop, all monsters and dust, and everything priced above its proper value."

archives

  • 07.03
  • 09.03
  • 10.03
  • 11.03
  • 12.03
  • 01.04
  • 02.04
  • 03.04
  • 04.04
  • 05.04
  • 06.04
  • 07.04
  • 08.04
  • 09.04
  • 10.04
  • 11.04
  • 12.04
  • 01.05
  • 02.05
  • 03.05
  • 04.05
  • 05.05
  • 06.05
  • 07.05
  • 08.05
  • 09.05
  • 10.05
  • 11.05
  • 12.05
  • 02.06
  • 04.06
  • 10.06
  • 11.06
  • 12.06
  • 02.07
  • 03.07
  • 04.07




  • credits

    webdesign by maystar
    powered by blogger
    quotation by oscar wilde



    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003